Chiropractic Care for TMJD in Beaverton
The Journal of Oral Rehabilitation recommends examination of the cervical spine in TMJD patients, even without cervical complaints. These findings are supported by Cranio and Clinical Oral Investigation as well.
At Discover Chiropractic, we are trained to examine your neck and jaw to determine the best course of co-managed care with your oral health physician.
The position of the head and neck are intricately connected. With proper care and treatment of spinal disorders, TMJD patients can achieve pain relief and correction. Treatments at Discover Chiropractic enable the body to respond to dental changes so that care received from your oral health physician has greater results.
What causes TMJD?
TMJD is a collective term for a broad range of disorders displaying a variety of signs—
- radiating pain in the face, neck, or shoulders
- limited movement or locking of the jaw
- painful clicking or grating when opening or closing the mouth
- significant change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together
Symptoms can also include headaches, ear-aches, dizziness, hearing problems, and difficulty swallowing.
Cervical Spine disorders are perpetuating factors for TMJD although, most patients do not attribute these symptoms to neck problems.
1American Chiropractic Association (2001)
What TMJD patients receive:
- Full examination to determine the best treatment plan
- Pre/post X-rays
- Multiple exams to evaluate progress
- Gentle and safe adjustments
- Exercises to strengthen and stabilize the jaw and neck
- Therapies to re-train muscles for proper movement of the jaw
- Therapies that balance muscles for proper function
|Monday||11am - 6pm|
|Tuesday||11am - 6pm|
|Wednesday||11am - 6pm|
|Thursday||11am - 6pm|
|Friday||11am - 6pm*|
*By Appointment Only
9266 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Highway
Beaverton, OR 97005